Listen & Learn Research (“We”, “Us” and “Our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.listenandlearnresearch.com (Our “Website”) or information you provide to us when we meet or correspond regarding our business purpose (Market and social research). This includes information provided at the time of use of Our Website, requesting further services or if you report a problem with Our Websites;
If you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence:
- Details of your visits to Our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access;
- Details of all transactions with Us (to include service requests, invoicing, project discussions).
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about Our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help Us to improve Our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies We use are essential for the Website to operate.
Where we store your personal data
The data that We collect from you will be stored using services from Google, DropBox, MailChimp or Base. This means that some data may be stored and processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in the United States and any other country in which they maintain facilities. You can find information and further links about this here: Google, DropBox, MailChimp and Base.
All information you provide to Us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
The primary legal basis that we intend to use for the processing of your data is for the performance of our contract or potential commercial relationship with you. The information that we collect about you is essential for us to be able to carry out the services that You require from Us effectively.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from Our Websites are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you;
- To carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to Our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Listen and Learn Research Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
You have the right to:
- Request deletion of your personal data. We will comply with this request, subject to the restrictions of our regulatory obligations and legitimate interests.
- Request a copy of the personal information that we have about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email or write to us using the contact details noted below.
- Ask us to update or correct your personal information, subject to certain requirements, for example proof of ID to amend the spelling of your name.
- Ask that we restrict the processing of your personal information where appropriate.
When your personal data is processed by automated means you have the right to ask us to move your personal data to another organisation for their use. We have an obligation to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date.
If you currently receive the Listen and Learn Research newsletter (‘This Social Life’) and other related communications, we will continue to send you these. The newsletter provides information about methods, techniques, insights, trends, events and other pertinent information. It contains articles with generic information, i.e. it does not include reference to personal information or circumstances.
We may email you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you. We will never share your information for marketing purposes with other companies.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please let us know via the contact details below.
Please note that this excludes the email correspondence that you have previously consented to, which we use for correspondence in order to service your contract.
Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
If you are unhappy with how your personal data is processed
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority for data protection.
In the UK this is:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Access to information
The Data Protection Manager
Listen & Learn Research Ltd.
55 Hare Lane,
T: 07799 415829