Research Manager: Social Insights
We’re looking for a Research Manager who likes to get stuff done, has a passion for clients and insight and wants to join an award-winning, social insights agency. Hope that is you!
About Listen + Learn Research
We exist to help people think – strategically, creatively, and innovatively.
We know that people don’t talk to researchers the way they talk to each other. This is what makes social data (be that Reddit, Twitter, Insta or TikTok) so rich, so important.
We help our clients get closer to their customers and drive change, by using
people to find meaning in social media conversations.
What we do isn’t social listening. Instead, it’s an emerging area of expertise which relies on thinking over automation and storytelling over dashboards.
This is a chance to join a team that’s doing something different.
We believe that social should bring clients closer to their customers, not create
more uncertainty. With all the great data out there, it shouldn’t be this hard to see what our customers really need.
We’ve helped a lot of organisations find their way out of this. If you join us, you’ll be helping our clients:
1. Know their customers better
2. Inspire change, and
3. Make a bigger impact.
We’re looking for a Research Manager who likes to get stuff done, has a passion for clients and insight and wants to join an award-winning agency.
Experience with social data is useful but not a requirement. A keen mind, kind heart and solid research skills are all more important.
You will be a responsible and driven self-starter, willing to work remotely (it is 2022 after all). You’ll be working with our Senior Consultants to design and deliver research projects for our clients. You’ll collaborate on research design, manage a project team of Analysts, track project profitability, analyse qualitative and quantitative data, produce written reports and presentations of findings and insights.
We are looking for candidates with at least 4-5 years experience of managing
market research projects. You will have in-depth experience of working with
qualitative data, e.g. focus groups and interview transcripts. Knowledge of content analysis techniques is a desirable bonus. You’ll have excellent written
communication skills and the ability to distil complex information and deliver it
with impact. You will have written and / or presented market research to clients. You will have run or supervised project teams of several analysts.
Reports to: Director of Research
Contract basis: Full Time
Remuneration: £35,000-£50,000 pa. (depending on qualifications, expertise and
Location: remote. You can be anywhere in the world within GMT +/- 3h time zone. The ability to occasionally meet in London is a bonus.
Flexibility: we pride ourselves on being a very flexible employer. Should you wish to build your working hours around other commitments – we’ll be happy to discuss and accommodate.
What we need and expect from you:
- Experience: you will have a minimum of 4-5 years of experience in Market Research, delivering end-to-end research projects.
- Management: you will have regularly managed small teams on your projects, allocating tasks, managing the quality of output, and controlling budgets.
- Research skills: proficiency in dealing with qualitative data, e.g. interviews, focus groups, online community output; strong desk research skills; ability to execute literature reviews. Ability to interpret and analyse quantitative results.
- IT + Admin: Advanced PowerPoint, Excel. Excellent file and folder management. Knowledge of social listening platforms is a desirable bonus.
- Languages: Fluent English a must. Any other languages are a welcome bonus.
- Sector: experience in healthcare / pharma, financial services, charity and consumer sector is a bonus.
- Communications: excellent written and oral communication skills. Track record of client-ready reporting and presentations.
What we will offer you:
- Training and induction in the world of social media insight
- Flexible working
- Interesting work, for major clients
- Working with a good team of nice, dynamic people
- Competitive remuneration
Recruitment and application process:
– Written CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview over Skype / Meets.
– Final shortlisted candidates will be asked to present samples of written work,
and complete a writing and analysis task.
We look forward to hearing from you!