Want to make better informed strategic choices? We can help you better understand your market with insights from natural consumer conversations about your customers, competitors and your performance.
Social Media Research is what you need to help fill in the blanks that questionnaires and focus groups can’t deliver. It can give you unique insights from thousands of conversations taking place each day.
Insights which are drawn from watching how people naturally talk about you, your market and your competitors.
For the first time you can develop strategy that’s much more consumer focused and built on up to the minute, unbiased insights.
We help firms answer three important questions
- Segmentation: who are our customers?
- Competitors: who are we competing against?
- Performance: how well are we doing?
Your customers will tell you who they are, if you listen to them in the right way.
Like other methods of segmentation, Social Media Research lets you identify, profile, understand and ultimately connect with consumers. What’s different is that this is a purely consumer-led approach.
The insights are derived from what people choose to say about your category, not their responses to set questions. This gives you a segmentation based on what people choose to say across thousands of natural online conversations.
This different approach lets you uncover new perspectives on consumers.
By reading and analysing everything that’s said about your category we can help you:
- Understand them as people, not just consumers
- See what interests and motivates them
- See how your products or services fit into their lives
- Listen to how and where they talk
And ultimately, learn what’s really important to them and why.
A natural consumer perspective on your competition will give you a unique advantage.
Today’s connected consumer makes choices everyday about which products or services to buy, use or recommend. Social Media Research lets you tap into these discussions and create consumer-focused, competitor insights in a completely new way.
This will help you use the consumer perspective to:
- Understand the competitive landscape
- Discover which provider is best meeting core consumer needs and why
- See how consumers respond to what your competitors are doing (e.g. response to adverts or promotions)
- Identify new entrants that are causing a stir
- Evaluate which marketing mix is most effective
Social Media Research can give you forward looking, consumer-focused metrics that can help you stay in control.
Most KPIs tend be top-down, outcome based; but these can’t always explain how consumers act. They also tend to measure what’s already happened rather than providing insights into what’s around the corner.
Social Media Research can give you additional tools for measuring and understanding your performance and impact. Insights from thousands of natural conversations let you:
- Define which measures help you best understand your performance (e.g. brand warmth, loyalty)
- Track changes in performance over time
- Find answers to questions you didn’t know you had
What is more, when you combine this with analytics data (e.g. from CRMs, Customer Service, web etc.) you get an even more powerful tool. One which will let you quickly explain and identify the root causes behind changes to a wide range of indicators (e.g. sales figures, web traffic, campaign wear-out etc.).